A few important rules and policies at Way Out West Ranch.
We will always do our best to keep your horse as safe and healthy as possible, and keep you as happy as possible! Please read over our policies, and let us know if you have any questions or concerns before you board your horse with us. These policies are pretty standard, so we don't anticipate any surprises.
- No smoking in buildings or around hay barn.
- No feeding horses that don't belong to you.
- No riding horses that don't belong to you.
- Enter and exit the ranch property at your own risk.
- Close and lock (if applicable) any gates or doors you open.
- Turn out all lights after use.
- Due to having well water we do clean water troughs every 10 days or so, this means the horses will drink down the water so we can dump/scrub water trough. Always done on weekends ONLY.
- We will handle your horse for the farrier free of charge but you must have payment for farrier care paid or brought to the ranch prior to service.
- IMPORTANT - We require a 30 day advance notice, in writing, if you are terminating your spot "Horse Boarding".
- We reserve the right to evict at any time, without explanation or notice.
- Way Out West Ranch will not be held responsible for any accidents or injuries that may happen to you or your horse(s) while on our premises. If your horse(s) should be injured or become ill, we will contact you immediately. We will also advise whether a vet should be called prior to your arrival.
- If there is a serious accident, injury or illness, a vet will be called immediately. Please let us know which vet you want notified in case of emergency. If there is no name on file, or if that vet is not available, we will choose a vet at our own discretion.
- Board payments are due in full on the due date which is the day your horse(s) arrive. If payment is paid late we will charge a late fee of 2.00 per day/animal at the ranch.
- ANYONE under 18 years of age, even riding your own horse MUST wear a certified riding helmet at all times, no exceptions.
You are responsible for all of your vet bills.